Thursday 14 November 2013

We Teach Because We Care, How About You?

Just another project from my advertising class, but this time is a video, a tv commercial-campaign related.

I choose Teach For The Needs (TFTN) as my client, because I prefer educational campaign than the others. Besides, enthusiastic volunteer from the TFTN which is a very close friend of mine eager to help me on this project. Thanks to her so much. As in exchange, the tvc will be use as promotion material for the TFTN.

Teach For The Needs is a non-profit organization that inviting qualified teacher or non-teacher volunteer that willing to teach without financial aids and offered an opportunity for less fortunate student to improve their educational achievement. Begin about 20 volunteers in 2012 session and now expanding to cater five orphanage houses today.

Since I'm a noob in video-making and due to another projects from another classes, I took an easy decision to produce a short documentary. Not to mention, this is my first video I ever made. What was in my mind are random videos with some interviews. I do cheat for this project, which is I shooted random videos using basic dslr at one of orphanage house that linked under TFTN, Rumah Anak Yatim Khairiyah, Klang before I really start on my storyboard but I do call it advantages for myself. The rough thumbnails was successfully proceed onto next stage without any problems. Spending these two years exploring Adobe Illustration, I started the project with zero knowledge on video-editing software. Adobe Premier Pro CS6 is my choice due to simpler interface and suitability compared to After Effect. Tutorials from youtube are my master, a whole day filled with tutorials video and spend another day for editing. I scored well for the project and the class. So this is the video, uploaded by friend, the volunteer.



Interested? join TFTN by visiting their website http://teachfortheneeds.org/ or simply search Teach For The Needs on Facebook.

I'm not a volunteer yet, soon maybe if I could settling near to their orphanage houses after finishing my final semester.




No comments:

Post a Comment